So! I was looking through my friends blogs today, and I came across one she hadn't told me about, so of course I was interested. It was called That Sunny Ground. Or something. Anyhow, I clicked on the link and it took me to a little page, a story about her talking to her friend, and then I lie about something for my own benefit. I'm not gonna tell you what it's about.
But she just assumed I was lying about it, and I really wasn't. The thing is, this one time on a school field trip, I tricked her into thinking I had once owned a horse. Later that day, I told her the truth, but she was really mad. I could understand, but it had been meant in jest and I hadn't thought she'd believe it in the first place. I apologized for it multiple times, but obviously she never forgave me, and once she even said she could never trust me again because of it! My other friend said exactly what I was thinking:
Oh my gosh, get over it!
I mean, it had been a few years, and honestly, I don't lie that much. Not just randomly, because I feel like it. I have that much respect for people, you know. The occasional thing: My other friend, lets call her Pinkie, told someone I had an older brother, which I don't. So I just went along with it. Why not? Because of things like this, my friend assumes I'm always lying. Which I'm not.
It seems like I'm always the one who has to apologize! When did this become a habit and not a friendship?
Sigh.
~Flame
No comments:
Post a Comment